2205 stainless steel plate alloy is a duplex stainless steel composed of 22% chromium, 2.5% molybdenum and 4.5% nickel nitrogen alloy.
1. The comprehensive mechanical properties are better than ferritic stainless steel, especially the plastic toughness, which is not as sensitive to brittleness as ferritic stainless steel.
2. In addition to stress corrosion resistance, other local corrosion resistance is better than ferritic stainless steel.
3. The cold processing performance and cold forming performance are far better than ferritic stainless steel.
4. The welding performance is also much better than that of ferritic stainless steel. Generally, preheating is not required before welding and no heat treatment is required after welding.
5. The application range is wider than ferritic stainless steel.